Sunday, May 4, 2008

Reno Trip

Well the trip to Reno was great. I have always liked road trips because I get to see new scenery that I have never seen before. On this road trip I learned that there is whole lot of nothing in Nevada. However I happen to think that wide open space is the most beautiful scenery so this drive was perfect for me. We left Pocatello at 8:30 in the morning and after eight hours of driving arrived in Sparks where we checked in to our motel. After we checked in we went over to the Reno/Sparks convention center where the Volleyball tournament was and checked the team in. The convention center was huge, there was 77 volleyball courts set up inside. I had no idea that there were so many crazy volleyball people in the world. The next day we had to be at the convention center at 7:30 because Morgans team was in the morning session. Her team played three games that day and did not play up to their potential, the team went 1-2. The next day, which was my birthday, her team did much better winning all three games. After her last game on the 26th got over we took a ride down to Carson City, and then over to Lake Tahoe. Lake Tahoe was beautiful, it was a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be, and very clear. On the drive over to Tahoe I noticed what I thought was a strange looking pine tree, but on closer inspection i found out that it was a cell phone tower that had been disguised as a pine tree. You know your in a rich area when they go to all the trouble of hiding cell towers so they don't distract from the natural scenery. The last day we were there Morgans team lost their first game and then they were done. It was kind of frustrating because her team could have done alot better, but they did improve. Going into the tournament they were ranked 53 and they finished 51. It was a fun trip but as always it was nice to get back home.


Here are a few Pictures we took

1 comment:

meagan said...

Thanks for posting pictures! It looks so beautiful. I forget how great mountains are. I guess it's been a while since I've seen any. Glad you guys had a fun trip and fun birthdays! ~Meag