Sunday, June 14, 2009

Finally a new post!

I know I am horrible at putting updates on the blog. As you can imagine alot has happened in the past 2 months since I last posted. Morgan is finally done with her club volleyball for the year. She has a few things this summer with her Shelley team (camps and stuff). My last day of school was June 5th, its good to have one year behind me. I also signed my contract for next year back out at Aberdeen, so I will at least have a job until August 2010 which is great considering the shape the economy is in right now.
Most of you already know that Morgan and I are expecting a baby around the 2nd of December, so she is just under 16 weeks along. The doctor wanted to have an ultra-sound done at her last appointment to kinda pin-point the due date so below is a scan of one of the ultrasound pictures.


So far this summer I have only been able to go camping once because it has been unusually rainy lately. I went up North Canyon just outside of Malad for one evening and pitched the tent Morgans family got me for Christmas. It worked really good, it rained all night but I slept dry. I hope that once it stops raining everyday I will be able to go camping a few more times this summer. Below are a few pitures of what I have been doing so far this summer.


My camp spot up North Canyon



The pictures above were taken on a hike in the mountains just to the west of Pocatello. It you look closely in the one picture you can see a deer. On the way back to the car from this hike I got caught in a rain storm and got soaked (not that much fun).


This is a picture of a Reeves/Ringneck pheasant cross. The guy that my dad gets the game bird chicks from had a bunch of extra birds this spring so he brought a bunch down and released them on our property up North Canyon. Its awesome to just drive out through the field and be able to see 10-15 birds every time.

5 comments:

Kristanne said...

Cool ultra-sound. It has been wet!!! The kids are kind of bummed about it. They got a pool from Grandma Susan for their birthday and haven't been able to use it.

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you guys. The kids keep bugging me about going camping. I hope it finally stops raining so we can go.

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

Wow! We didn't know you guys were expecting! Congrats you guys! That's really exciting! Hopefully we'll get to see you guys this summer at Will's wedding. :)

meagan said...

yeah, we can't wait to see "cousin rose" she/he and Rhone can have the same baby's first Christmas ornament. We are so excited for you guys! Hope everything keeps going well and Morg is still feeling good (well as good as you can preggers ;)

Julie said...

Holy Smokes...I had no idea! I'm glad you posted something. Congrats!!!!