Sunday, October 26, 2008

Crazy Scheduales

I know, its been forever since I have posted anything but life can get awfully busy.  These past few months have just been crazy.  I started teaching the 18th of August and that has really taken up all my free time. I keep telling myself that after the first year I won't have to spend so much of my free time at home creating lesson plans, and getting stuff ready for class the next day. Here is my daily routine; I wake up at 6:00 and get ready for school, meet the ladies I car pool with in the mall parking lot at 6:50, arrive at school at 7:30,  I get back to Pocatello from school around 4:30, start preparing tomorrows lessons for the three classes I teach and correct homework, eat dinner around 8:30-9:00, then try to be in bed by 10:00.  I really look forward to friday nights and saturdays because I refuse to do any school work on those days because I need a break.

Besides work, there has been a few other things that have happened.  Meagan came home for a visit earlier this month, which worked out great for me because we get out of school for two weeks during the first of October for spud harvest. It was great to visit with her, especially since she will not be able to come back home for Christmas this year. I have also been able to relax and go hunting quite a bit. Just being outside and veiwing all the beautiful scenery we have here in Idaho can ease the stress levels immensely.  Morgan started coaching again this fall.  This time she is the head coach at Shelley High School.  Her team did really well considering she did not have a single senior.  They finished second in the district and lost their play in game for the state tournament. She is still working the night shifts at the hospital to. When she has her 6 days on at work I hardly get to see her.  I leave before she is home, and she is at practice when I get home, I see her for about 30 minutes as she gets ready for work then she is off again. Now that her season is over we will be able to see each other more often. Her brother got married last weekend so we had the opportunity to go to the Logan Temple with them.  Its always nice to visit the temple and be around family. Hopefully it won't be another three months until I post again but the way life is who knows.

7 comments:

Kristanne said...

I still have all of my lesson plans, including assignments and tests. You are always welcome to copy them. I mean science hasn't changed MUCH in the last 15 years. Genetics is still genetics, and the parts of the cell are still the parts of the cell. And Tectonics is still tectonics. I have actually got to use some of it, with teaching the kids. It was great having Meagan home, and it was great seeing you TOO!! Too bad we missed Morgan. We are planning Thanksgiving at my house the Saturday after Thanksgiving. WE would really like the two of you to come. Jace keeps asking when we will see Morgan next.

Brock & Morgan said...

Kris, I might have to take you up on copying some of your lessons. Morgan does have Thanksgiving day off but her scheduale starts again on friday, so I don't think she will be there. I am planning on it though.

Julie said...

give Morgan a kiss...she looked uber-beautiful for the wedding!!! (and we all had a good laugh)

meagan said...

Tell Morgan nice work with her young VB team. I bet it will be nice when you don't have to plan everything all out, plus that commute really adds some time on to your work day, bummer. It was great seeing you when I was home. It was perfect that it was spud harvest!

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

Glad to see you guys back in the blogging world... if only for a minute! Hope you both are doing well and also that things will slow down some! :)

Krin said...

I guess working in a Latin American type environment your english would get messed up considering that you are probally having to translate most of your lessons that you have. (Schedule)

Krin said...

FYI, That was Court that made that comment under my profile. Take Care!